Monday, June 29, 2015

Acadia Institute of Oceanography

Hello!
I am on my way the Acadia Institute of Oceanography in Seal Harbor, ME, near Bar Harbor. I will be spending the next two weeks participating in the AIO Intermediate program. I have never been there before, and I am so eager to learn more about fish, the ocean and being a marine biologist!
I've read that there will be labs, hiking, tide pooling, snorkeling, night walks by the shore and much, much more. I will be studying tide pool diversity, water samples, and some specimens we find! Cool, right?
I will post about things I'm learning, but I may not be able to download pictures right away. However, if you go to the AIO website you'll be able to see some pictures of the activities I'll be doing.
I chose Acadia because it has so many great opportunities to learn about marine concepts, and it is located near the easternmost point of the US and looking right out onto the North Atlantic Ocean, there are sure to be some incredible marine environments all around me. Plus, every time I talk to someone who has gone to AIO, I get even more excited!
I cannot wait to get to camp! More blog posts from Acadia!
--

No comments:

Post a Comment